Eastview Community Foundation has awarded over $1,523,000 in scholarships to graduating seniors in our community since 2000. Thanks to the generous support of our Eastview community members and our fundraising events, we are proud to be awarding over $108,000 and 134 scholarships to well-deserving members of the Class of 2020 this year. We are also happy to announce new scholarship funds for 2020 created by supportive families and organizations:
- Best Buddies Scholarship
- Business & Entrepreneur Scholarship
- Chris Dolejs Memorial Scholarship
- Competitive Cheer Scholarship
- Food Service & Hospitality Scholarship
- Jodie Brend Memorial Service Scholarship
EVCF Scholarship Selection ProcessThe Eastview Community Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors of Eastview High school as well to students who live within the Eastview boundaries completing high school elsewhere -such as the School of Environmental studies, ALC and home schooling. The foundation raises funds through events, memberships and donations for some of these scholarships. However, majority of the scholarships are passed through from individuals, families, associations and businesses. EVCF utilizes the following governance practices to maintain program integrity:
- A volunteer selection committee reads, evaluates and awards scholarships.
- Parents of seniors are excluded from the volunteer committee to maintain objectivity.
- Names are removed from the applications and numbers used instead so selectors can evaluate on merit alone.
- The goal is to have each student win only one scholarship to afford the greatest number of winners. Due to selection criteria, some students may win more than one scholarship.